P.O. Box 225
North Perth WA 6906
[submissions AT eidolonbooks.com]
SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED. READING IS NOW COMPLETE.
01-Sep-05: We have completed our reading and are in the process of contacting everyone who sent us a story.
Eidolon Books announces an open reading period for EIDOLON, the first volume in a new original anthology series. The publisher and editors are committed to finding outstanding fiction from new and established writers. Our first and only priority is to find great stories. We're not concerned whether the stories we receive are science fiction, fantasy, or horror; whether they are aimed at the heart of the genre, or its outermost reaches. The only thing we ask is that they have a genre sensibility, strong literary values, compelling characters, engaging tone and definitive voice.
We will accept submissions by e-mail only at [submissions AT eidolonbooks.com] from May 1st, 2005 through June 1st, 2005, and the book will be published in November to coincide with World Fantasy Convention 2005, to be held in Wisconsin in early November. Manuscripts received after the designated submission period, and manuscripts received by post, will be discarded unopened.
Please follow standard manuscript formatting and submission conventions, especially including no simultaneous or multiple submissions. Word count is open, but our preferred range is 2,500-7,500 words, with an upper limit of 10,000 words. If you are unfamiliar with standard manuscript formatting, please see the various essays and references under the heading "Manuscript Preparation" at http://www.sfwa.org/writing/.
Some specifics based on prior experience.
1) No reprints. Not even if prior publication had limited or private distribution.
2) Please use normal manuscript headers. Manuscripts without full author identification and contact information on the first page of the story will be rejected unread. This does not mean use a cover sheet, this means put your name and address in the upper left hand corner and the word count in the upper right hand corner, on the same page as the title and the first paragraph of the story. It also helps to put "by Your Name" under the title, just in case.
3) Do not include copyrighted material in your story. Manuscripts which feature quotations from popular music or published authors will be rejected unread.
4) No multiple submissions. One story per author, please.
5) By the same token, no simultaneous submissions. We won't hold your story for an unreasonable length of time, please allow us the privilege of being able to buy it.
It is our intention to respond to all submissions by the end of July 2005. "We pay an advance of AU$50.00 per story against a pro-rata share of 50% of the anthologists' earnings from the book, for First Print and Non-Exclusive World Electronic Anthology Rights, along with two author's copies, within 60 days of the Anthology manuscript's submission to the Publishers."
These guidelines may be redistributed freely in their entirety.
Jonathan Strahan & Jeremy G. Byrne
By Jeremy at 2005-09-05 17:10 | login
to post comments